Friday, May 20, 2005

Preakness 131

“All righty then…” A little more than 24hrs. until Preakness 131 and just a few thoughts.

To my boy Bob O. Beanie-Burger: Try and make your money last until the big race my friend. Sources tell me Bob O. had a rough day two weeks ago on the Derby under cards and barely had enough to throw down for the big one. Pace yourself mi amigo.

To The Jebber in Philly: Getting one horse in a 4 horse exacta box is NOT almost winning.

And Mark C. in Tokyo: Drink as many Red Bull and Sake’s as needed so you can catch the Preakness at 4am local time. The Japanese love there horses and their gambling, so go find a joint and enjoy it… American style.

As for me, I’ll be betting the Pimlico Special/Preakness Double today skipping out of work at about 2:30 local time. This gives me just enough time to make it to the local OTB about 3-4 minutes before post.

My picks for the double are:
Offlee Wild/Pollards Vision/Grand Reward with Wilko/Closing Argument/Noble Causeway/Scrappy T making it a $2 dbl. 9-4-8 w/9-7-5-3 for $24. I like the 9-4 ex. in the special with the 9 on top (Offlee Wild) and I am sticking with my Derby pick of Wilko to bounce back in the Preakness.

Don’t forget post time for the Special is 5:43 est. TODAY (Fri.) and post time tomorrow for the Preakness is 6:09 est.

And in case you missed it, Vic Zeigel has a very interesting article on the future of The Preakness in today’s NY Daily News:
  • Pimlico Even Money to Lose Preakness
  • No comments: